Once you've received our Excel inventory tracking template, you'll want to get started entering your stock item information on the sheet labeled “Products.” This inventory sheet includes all the conditional formatting needed to highlight items that are due for reordering.
To enter your product info, you'll need the following information for each item:
- SKU: The item number you use to track your products
- Product category: The category of your product (like “Clothing”)
- Name: A name for your product to help you recognize the item at first glance
- Description: A brief description of the item
- List price: The amount you sell the product for
- Stock location: The warehouse inventory location where the item’s stored (you can get as vague or as specific as you want—whatever’s most useful for you)
- Reorder level: The stock level at which you need to reorder the item
- Reorder quantity: The number of units you should reorder (when it’s time to reorder)
- Vendor: The company you order the item from
We also left a spot where you can specify whether an item has been discontinued or not. And if you get lost, don’t worry—we’ve left some examples of inventory items on the sheet for you to take your cues from.
We’ve also included some columns highlighted in blue. These columns feature auto calculations and complex formulas to help automate your inventory valuation, current stock levels, and more.